A good hair day instantly puts most of us in a good mood. Such is the significance attached to the appearance of our hair. Imagine how awful it is to deal with your precious hair locks beginning to fall off when even an occasional bad hair day can seriously dampen our mood.
Hair loss and thinning are becoming more common in the majority of people these days. While some blame it on their genes, others blame it on the chemicals in their hair styling and coloring products.
So, how do you deal with this issue and get to the bottom of it? Should you take any medications? Should you go with natural alternatives? If you are experiencing hair loss or thinning, regardless of gender, you may find this article useful as we have compiled our best advice on managing hair loss in its early stages.
Symptoms of Hair Loss
Common symptoms of hair loss can be – hair loss in the parting of the hair in the mid-frontal area of the scalp (especially for women), for men, hair thinning on the top of the head, along with noticeable bald spots in the front are clear indications of ‘male pattern hair loss.’.
Additionally, if you find more hair than usual on your hairbrush after brushing your hair or more hair than usual in the drain after washing your hair, these are signs of hair loss.
Do you have hair loss and want to know how to stop hair loss immediately at home?
Natural ways to stop hair fall
- Determine the source of your hair loss: Hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors such as anemia (iron deficiency), PCOS, stress, thyroid disease, frequent use of chemicals on the scalp, diabetes, and so on. Consult an Ayurvedic specialist for a customized, root-cause-based natural solution to hair loss.
- Maintain a healthy nutritional intake: A well-balanced diet is key to good health, including good hair. Hair loss can be caused by a diet deficient in iron or protein. Hair loss is common in people who have eating disorders or are on a crash diet. If a poor diet is the cause of your hair loss, you can usually reverse it by balancing your food intake.
- Make use of natural hair care products: Chemical-laden shampoos, conditioners, and salon products make your hair silky, shiny, and smooth, but they do more harm than good in the long run. Use natural, herb-based hair care products instead.
- Use fenugreek seeds to prevent hair loss: Fenugreek seeds are high in vitamins C, A, and K, as well as potassium, calcium, folic acid, and nicotinic acid. It prevents hair loss and promotes scalp health. Fenugreek seeds can be soaked overnight. Make a paste of it and combine it with curd. Apply this pack to your hair for at least 30 minutes before washing it. Fenugreek can also be included in your diet to promote healthy hair growth.
- Amla, Reetha, and Shikakai: When these three ingredients are combined, they can become your one-stop natural solution for hair fall. Amla contains antioxidants and vitamin C, which can help control hair damage and promote healthy hair cells. Reetha is high in iron, which can promote hair cell growth. Shikakai aids in the absorption of the beneficial properties of these two ingredients.
- Ayurveda recommends regular oil massage with Bhringraj hair oil to promote hair growth, strengthen hair, and prevent grey hair and dandruff.
- For healthy hair, drink amla and aloe vera juice: Amla and aloe vera are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, both of which are essential for good hair health and quality. You can begin your day with these two juices for internal detoxification and purification of the body, which promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall.